Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Small world

Freckle and I walked over to pick up my car today from the mechanic and while there, bumped into the owner of the transmission shop just down the street. Some years ago, he replaced the transmission on my car and met our rescue girl Sassy. He was all over Freckle and told me he and his family had adopted a boxer, perhaps four years ago, from Boxer Rescue Canada. He loves this dog - his first boxer, I think. It has natural ears and a natural tail - and unfortunately, I didn't ask its name or even whether it's male or female. He said they've been thinking about getting another, so I'll be going by the transmission shop later in the summer to see if they did.

That's a photo of Freckle from the walk this morning, on the disused train tracks that run behind the transmission shop and the mechanic's garage - it goes for miles and miles and is a bit like a country path in the middle of Vancouver.

1 comment:

WeezyB said...

For those who may be sad to see them go... I have no idea how to otherwise post this online, but my mom and my aunt both had beautiful boxers. Sadly Dinah (we called her Melly) my moms boxer was put down shortly before Christmas last year. She was holding on by a thread and I believe was trying to survive through thick and thin to make sure my mom was ok. Tina, my aunts dog was put down very recently due to kidney failure. I miss them both so much it breaks my heart. All I can say is that its good to know there are people out there like my family who are willing to love these beautiful dogs. Both Melly and Tina where 9 years old. I can only imagine they are playing ball together in doggy heaven. Thank you so much for creating this group. I'm glad I can share my sorrow with people who actually understand.